Following the 2013/14 National League season, LBC moved from the ABT&CC to the newly completed Archbishop Beck Catholic Sports College.
The College’s Sports Hall came equipped with an in-situ 65” LED HD TV and six self amplified speakers mounted high on the Sports Hall walls. The HD TV can be accessed through a low level HDMI socket and the speakers through a low level pre-amplifier.
For Sports College games the in-situ HD TV and speakers are used as a time/scoreboard in conjunction with a Dell Inspiron Micro PC, a wireless keyboard & mouse, a 22” HD monitor (Timekeeper) and an HDMI splitter box - using the virtual scoreboard software (see below).
For LBC National League games, the in-situ HD TV is used to display individual Player Fouls, player introductions and LBC information/adverts. This is accomplished using:
- A Dell Inspiron Micro PC similar to the one in the photo’s on the “Computers” page
- Wireless keyboard & mouse
- 22” HP HD LED monitor (Operator)
- DJ/Announcer’s Apple laptop
- 4 port HDMI switch with remote control
- The software for the individual Player Fouls is an Excel workbook with one page designed as a display page to fit the 1920*1080 HD TV display resolution. It runs under the free to use Libre Office software.
The player introductions and LBC information/adverts use software (similar to Powerpoint) on the DJ/Announcer’s laptop. The DJ/Announcer can use the remote control to switch between the outputs of the PC and his laptop for display on the in-situ HD TV.
The DJ/Announcer also uses the in-situ speakers for music (iPad) and voice (microphone) via a small mixer deck with outputs cabled to the in-situ pre-amplifier.
The game time/score is displayed on the 50” Sony HD TV previously used in the ABT&CC. As in the ABT&CC this is a temporary installation, the TV being lifted onto permanently positioned supports prior to National League games.
The time/score setup also uses:
- The Dell Inspiron Micro PC in the photo’s on the “Computers” page
- USB keyboard & mouse
- 24” Iiyama HD LED optical touch-screen monitor for the timekeeper
- 2 No. 22” HP HD LED monitors - one for each coach/team
- 2 No. Small HD LED TV’s (info for DJ/Announcer & video operator)
- 2 No speakers on low stands
- The software used is the “virtual scoreboard” software downloaded from www.zenbasketball.com
When the DJ/Announcer isn’t present, a laptop/notepad and radio microphone are cabled to the mixer deck to provide music and announcements, etc. An auxiliary output of the mixer deck is cabled to the in-situ pre-amplifier so that the music and announcements can be controlled separately to the time/score sounds.